Texas High Tigers

Home of the Texas High Fighting Tigers

 

The first classes were held in 1889 for grades 7 through 11 and the first graduating class consisted of three students in 1890. In 1965 a $3,000,000-bond was issued for a new high school on Kennedy Lane, just west of Summerhill Road, was approved. The facility was designed by world-famous architects Caudill Rowlett Scott and local architects Moore and Thomas. In 1969, the architecture firm was awarded the Outstanding School Architecture Award by the Texas Association of School Administrators and School Boards for its design.

Alma mater

Hail Texas High School,
We are as one,
Standing together,
Till day is done,
Cheering our comrades,
As years go by;
We pledge our love to thee,
Dear old Texas High!